Interdisciplinary Legal Education – Business and Law
Get BMU’s cross-disciplinary, hands-on advantage
Starting a career in Law in today’s interconnected world needs a forward-thinking course that changes the approach to contemporary legal education. Instead of focusing on black letter law, BMU’s BBA LLB (Hons.) collaborated with the School of Management, BMU, to help law students gain a deeper understanding of business, commerce and legal education in one unified, integrated course.
BMU’s students embark on the study of law with innovation, creativity, a multidisciplinary approach, and experiential learning to achieve excellence.
Designed by renowned international and national law experts, the Bar Council of India-approved BBA LLB (Hons.) course at BMU equips students with a unique capability to understand the complexity of societal issues and the ability to address them with ease.
WHY BMU FOR LAW
- Collaboration with national and international universities
- Benefit from Hero Group’s network & experience in innovation
- 45% Experiential Learning, one of the highest in the world, in partnership with a leading law firm
- Practice School: Opportunity to work in law firms, non-profit law offices & government agencies
- Clinical Program: Working on problems of clients supervised by legal and industry experts
- Renowned Faculty from NLUs and leading international Universities
- Experience courtroom in campus
- Emphasis on individual mentorship for enhanced learning
Integrated courses are interdisciplinary in nature and combine social sciences or management degrees with a law degree in a meaningful way. The BA LLB (Hons) programme explores law through the prism of history, political science, sociology, with Economics as a Major.
The first two years of the programme combine core courses in law with social science subjects; the subsequent three years are law focused.
- 50% Experiential Learning
- Practice School (Internships)
- Interdisciplinary Approach
- Peer Review Exercises
The students who wish to make a career in the field of Law are offered BA LLB (Hons) degree at BMU. At the university, the candidates are provided comprehensive knowledge about the field. The professors guide the students in improving their analytical ability, logical reasoning, and communication skills.
The law candidates can get an opportunity to work in various fields such as
- Law Firms
- Legal Process Outsourcing
- Government Agencies
Traditionally, the study of law is considered an independent field with unique approaches. However, the contemporary legal environment requires a different strategy, unlike the traditional focus of lawyers on “black letter law.” Therefore, it is crucial to have an interdisciplinary approach for lawyers, judges and lawmakers to understand the fundamentals of laws truly.
The law should be viewed as a tool for improving people’s lives, not just as a way to bring order and stability to a chaotic society. At BMU, we assist our students in developing a multi-dimensional understanding of law through studying history, political science, sociology, and economics in our BA LLB (Hons) programme.
For the BA LLB (Hons) programme, most existing law schools in the nation are still focused on theory-based learning, although the time has come for the transmission of research- and practice-based legal knowledge. To ensure that our students treat law not just as an academic subject to be mastered but as aspiring practitioners learning the craft, we at BMU designed our curriculum in consultation with top practitioners in the area.
The curriculum and pedagogy at BMU are built on innovation, creativity, a multidisciplinary approach, and experiential learning to achieve excellence. The School of Law at BMU gives a deeper comprehension of the complexity of societal issues and nurtures in its students the ability to address these issues in the future. To apply for the BA LLB (Hons) programme click here
BML Munjal University offers two programmes – B.A. LL.B (Hons.) & BBA LL.B (Hons.) for undergraduate students.
School of Law (SoL) is the department which facilitates completion of B.A LL.B (Hons.) & BBA LL.B (Hons.) for all students. It also ensures that the students are transformed into well-rounded, industry-ready individuals by providing them various types of training and opportunities for co-curricular activities along with their study programme
BML Munjal University offers various degree programmes. These programmes and other training modules along with various co-curricular activities are provided by the School of Law (SoL). SoL is a part of BML Munjal University.
Yes, the School of Law, BML Munjal University is approved by the Bar Council of India.
Yes, BML Munjal University offers Hons. Degree in both B.A LL.B and BBA LL.B programmes.
BBA LL.B is dual degree programme which provides an integrated study of management and legislative law. Whereas B.A. LL.B is an integration of the study of humanities (arts) and legislative law. In both the programmes, common law subjects like Civil Law, Criminal Law, Labour Law, Tax Law, Administrative Law, Corporate Law, Patent Law etc. are taught.
- For Applicants of CBSE, ISC and other State Boards – Minimum 60% aggregate score is mandatory
- For Applicants of Andhra Pradesh, Telangana, Tamil Nadu & Kerala State Boards – Minimum 70% aggregate score is mandatory
- Cambridge/IGCSE board students are required to have 2 A-levels
- All IB Diploma and IB Certificate students with 24 points with 3 subjects at HL and 3 subjects at SL may apply
- For candidates falling under General Category, age of candidate should not exceed 20 years at the time of enrolment.
- For candidates falling under SC, ST or Other Backward Category, age of candidate should not exceed 22 years at the time of enrolment.
Both BBA LL.B & B.A LL.B programmes are spread across 5 years and divided into 10 semesters.
Yes, scholarship are awarded for selected candidates of both BBA LL.B & B.A LL.B programmes. Scholarships are awarded based on the following criterias –
– Class 12th Board Examination Score
– Essay Writing
– Personal Interview
Candidates can apply online to BML Munjal University by logging on to https://admissions.bmu.edu.in/
10+2 with a minimum of 60%, CLAT/BMU-SAT, and a personal interview. During the PI or personal interview, candidates are assessed for communication skills, analytical ability, and motivation.
Final admissions are based on the admission committee’s evaluation of the candidate’s 10+2 results and their performance in the SAT and PI for analytical skills, creativity, application orientation, and communication skills per defined parameters.